- VAG K+CAN 1.4 Setup
VAG K+CAN 1.4 Setup
Product SKU: VAG-1.4
- Download the software from www.obdinnovations.com/software-drivers (search for the matching SKU)
- You will need 7zip or Winzip to extract the compressed folders. We recommend 7zip from 7-zip.org or from our downloads page
- There will be 2 software folders called "VAG-K_CAN_Commander" and "VWTOOL". There will be a separate guide for each software.
Software 1: VAG-K+CAN Commander 1.4
1. Locate the downloaded folder "VAG- 1.4" to your desktop. Use 7zip or your file extraction software and unzip the compressed folder. Run the setup to install the drivers.
2. After extracting the folder, navigate into the folder and find the main application icon called "FTDI_Drivers_Win32_64".
3. Plug the VAG 1.4 interface's USB cable into your USB port. Windows will automatically detect the USB device and detect the drivers that were installed prior.
4. From your Device Manager, we'll setup the port settings:
Go to Control Panel> System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT), find the "USB Serial Port" go to the "Port Settings" tab, then click "Advanced" and set the Latency Timer (msec) to 1. Press OK and OK to exit.
5. Now start the VAG+K+CAN Commander software from your Desktop shortcut. The software will identify your Interface's Port Number. It should match the Port number found from the "USB Serial Port" in your Device Manager.
If Windows does not find the correct drivers:
- Go to Control Panel> System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)
- Look for the USB Serial Port with the Yellow ! mark. This is the VAG 1.4 interface and indicating the driver was not installed properly. Double click "USB Serial Port" and click "Reinstall Driver"
- This will open the Hardware Update Wizard. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
- Click the browse button and point it to the " FTDI_Drivers_Win32_64" folder within the "VAG-1.4" folder from your desktop. This folder contains the drivers in case Windows can't install them automatically.
- If you connect the interface to another USB port, you will need to setup the port settings again (step 4)
- Usage: Select type of connection to vehicle (CAN/K-line) > Choose some of the available functions for the current connection
- For some actions, you need to establish a diagnostic session with the selected control unit
Software 2: VWTOOL (Requirements: Compatible with Windows XP only!)
1. From the disc, copy the folder "VWTOOL" onto your desktop. Use 7zip or your file extraction software and unzip the compressed folder.
2. After extracting the folder, navigate into the folder and find the setup file called "Setup"
3. The setup window will prompt you to install the software to C:\VWTOOL. Press Continue and finish the installation.
4. After the installation is finished, find the "VWTOOL" folder from your C:\ drive. From here, you can make a Shortcut to your VWTOOL software to your desktop. Before you can start the software, you'll need to plug-in your VAG 1.4 interface
5. Plug the VAG 1.4 interface's USB cable into your USB port. Windows will automatically detect the USB device and automatically install the correct drivers. This may take a few minutes.
6. From your device manager, we'll setup the port settings. The VWTOOL software only allows you to use Port 1-4, so we're going to make sure the interface is configured to one of those ports.
Go to Control Panel> System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT), find the "USB Serial Port" go to the "Port Settings" tab, then click "Advanced". Change the Port to any port from 1 -4. We'll use Port 1 for this guide. Set the Latency Timer (msec) to 1.Press OK and OK to exit.
7. Go to your C:\VWTOOL folder, then click on "CONFIGVW", select the Serial Port you selected from the device manager, select your preference for Display Units and click Accept.
8. Now you can start VWTOOL and begin using the application