- VAG K+CAN 3.6 Setup
VAG K+CAN 3.6 Setup
- Download the software from www.obdinnovations.com/software-drivers (search for the matching SKU)
- You will need 7zip or Winzip to extract the compressed folders. We recommend 7zip from 7-zip.org
1. Locate the downloaded "VAG- 3.6" to your desktop. Use 7zip or your file extraction software and unzip the compressed folder. Run the setup to install the drivers.
2. After extracting the folder, navigate into the folder and find the main application icon called "FTDI_Drivers_Win32_64".
3. Plug the VAG 3.6 interface's USB cable into your USB port. Windows will automatically detect the USB device and detect the drivers that were installed prior.
4. From your Device Manager, we'll setup the port settings:
Go to Control Panel> System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT), find the "USB Serial Port" go to the "Port Settings" tab, then click "Advanced" and set the Latency Timer (msec) to 1. Press OK and OK to exit.
5. Locate the VWTester application from the “VWTESTER” folder, Right click and “Run as Administrator”. The software will identify your Interface's Port Number. It should match the Port number found from the "USB Serial Port" in your Device Manager.
If Windows does not find the correct drivers:
- Go to Control Panel> System > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)
- Look for the USB Serial Port with the Yellow ! mark. This is the interface and indicating the driver was not installed properly. Double click "USB Serial Port" and click "Reinstall Driver"
- This will open the Hardware Update Wizard. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
- Click the browse button and point it to the " FTDI_Drivers_Win32_64" folder within the "VAG-3.6" folder from your desktop. This folder contains the drivers in case Windows can't install them automatically.
- If you connect the interface to another USB port, you will need to setup the port settings again (step 4)
- Usage: Select type of connection to vehicle (CAN/K-line) > Choose some of the available functions for the current connection
- For some actions, you need to establish a diagnostic session with the selected control unit