The EL-50448 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool can read the tire pressure sensor on year 2012 and Newer GM models. For GM vehicles equipped with a 315 or 433 MHz Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) system, a Sensor Re-Learn Procedure or Activation must be performed after tire rotations, Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module replacement or Tire Pressure Sensor replacement. This re-learn procedure can be performed with our EL-50448 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool Reset for GM.
Before the tire pressure monitoring system can work properly, the body control module (BCM) will record ID information of each position in the tire pressure sensor; and use the following methods to read the tire pressure sensor after replacing a tire or wheel speed sensor.
- For GM vehicles equipped with a 315 or 433 MHz Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Wide GM vehicle coverage; works on both cars and trucks year 2012 and newer and also other models before 2012
- Straight forward and easy to use
EL50448 works on all General Motors (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC) vehicles manufactured for the North American market. It won't work if you've purchased aftermarket sensors that are adifferent frequency. The EL50448 is designed for most GM vehicles equipped with a 315 or 433 MHz Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) system.
- Battery Type: 1x 9V battery (Not Included)
- Item Height: 10 inch
- Item Width: 15 inch
- Item Length: 20 inch
- Item Weight: 0.3kg
- Hardware Version: OEC-T5
- Software Version: EL-50448
- External Testing Certification:CE
- Material Type: High quality plastic and metal
How to use EL 50448 TPMS Activation Tool:
- Enter leaning mode
- Set the gearshift lever to "P"
- Put the ignition switch to “ON”
- Enter the interface of tire pressure display by DIC
- DIC shows "Press Set / Ctrl to re-learn"
- Press “Set / Ctrl”
- The turn signal light is on for 3 seconds and the horn beeps twice to enter the learning mode
- Read tire pressure sensor information
- Start from the front-left wheel,
- Place the EL-50448 Tool antenna up against the valve core, close to the rim and tire sidewall
- Press the Start Button
- The tire pressure sensor information is successfully read when the horn bleeps once
- Same method to read other tire pressure information
- Follow the instuction above to read tire pussure of the front-right, rear-right, rear-left wheels.
- Turn signal lights turn on for 3 seconds and the horn bleeps twice when the learning is complete.