KESS V2 OBD2 ECU Tuning Kit allows you to safely and conveniently Read ECU data and Write [Flash] ECU data directly from the OBD2 port on your car. KESS V2 is an affordable tuning solution for both DIY enthusiasts and professional tuners
- Firmware V4.036
- Software Version: V2.33
- Master Version
- Multi-language Support: English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French
- No Token Limitation
- Supports many other ECUs and models than older versions
- Supports major brands and OBD2 protocols including K-Line, CAN and Ford J1850
- Supports popular ECUs including EDC15 EDC16 and MED17
- Read and Write ECU, directly from the OBD2 port [No need to connect directly to the ECU]
KESS V2 has several built-in features and safeguards including:
- Monitor battery voltage in real-time
- Full recovery feature if you run into any problems
- Automatic Checksum correction [when it's available]
- Boot-Loader mode supported
- Management of the programming counters
- OBD2 Scan tool functions to remove DTCs
- Several reading/writing speed options
- Option to write full file/section of the map
- Full compatibility and integration with ECM Titanium Tuning Software
- Please do not update this tool online, or It will be damaged.
- You must be disconnected from the internet when installing or using [when it's connected to the internet, it automatically tries to update the firmware and damages it]
- You MUST be connected to your car when installing the software to complete the installation successfully
- The year of your car doesn't matter. As long as below list matches your vehicle model - KESS will let you to read/write it's ECU chip
Q: What is the version of KESS v2, master or slave?
A: Master Version.
Q: Does KESS V2 require activation?
A: No, after installing the driver and software, it will be ready to use
Q: What are some important rules when using KESS FW V4.036?
A: When installing software or using KESS, you MUST be disconnected from the internet
Q: In the description, KESS is fully integrated and supports ECM Titanium. Is it included?
A: KESS is fully integrated and supports ECM Titanium, but is not included.
KESS V2 is an ECU flashing tool and ECM Titanium is tuning software
Q: Does KESS support remapping the ECU? Or it can only read and write ECU?
A: KESS can Read and Write the ECU, but does not support remapping the ECU
Q: I received the error message "checksum error" when reading the ECU. How do I resolve this?
A: Install the 3 libraries: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, from the main folder.
Q: Customer told us that KESS V2 can not do EDC17 well, such for Bosch EDC17 (cp04-CP14-CAN-Med17.X ) and for Bosch EDC17 C54 (Passat, Golf, Crafter, Octávia, Yeti-VW). EDC16 all ok.
A: Yes, KESS V2 does NOT support EDC17 at the moment.
EDC16 is supported, but for newer models with encrypted data, you need to connect the Anti-Mediation Lock Module to read/write data for vehicles
Q: How do you preform a checksum with KESS? Does KESS v2 automatically re-write it?
A: After reading the software, the device will automatically perform checksums.
Q: How to connect KESS to K-LINE MED17 ECU? Do you have a manual or diagram?
A: If your car has OBD2 port, just plug the OBD2 cable into the car to connect.
If your vehicle/application does not have an OBD2 port, after you select the ECU type in the Software, the diagram will appear to guide you
KESS and KTAG Differences:
Q:What is the difference between KTAG and KESS V2 V2.33?
A: KESS V2 connects directly to the OBD2 port and KTAG connects directly to the ECU. Both use the same software.
Q: Both KESS v2 and KTAG only work with Windows XP system?
A: Windows XP Pro [32-Bit only] is recommended and will be the most stable. There are many users that have no issues running Windows 7 (32-Bit Only), but if you do, you must use Windows XP Pro [32-Bit only]
Q: Does KESS V2 Support trucks? For example the Mercedes MP1/MP2/MP3 or MAN TGA?
A: No, KESS V2 does not support trucks because the high voltage in trucks can cause damage to the firmware