The Nissan Consult 14 pin Bluetooth interface that pairs with your Android device or Bluetooth enabled computer and is compatible with a wide range of available third party software. This version is fitted with a mini USB port that's more compact than the older RS232 connection version. It's compatible with most Nissan vehicles from 1989-2000 equipped with the 14 pin Gray Consult I connector that's normally found near the driver's side fuse box.
- Compatible with Most Nissan/Infiniti from 1989 to 2000*
- Monitor and record real-time data
- Scan and clear engine codes
- Adjust timing and idle
- Power balance testing
- Reset self learn codes
- Control idle air valves and relays
- Connects to your PC via Bluetooth
- More compact than the older RS232 version
- Interface for Nissan's 14 pin gray Consult I port
- LED indicator lights show power and communication signals
- Durable ABS plastic housing
- Self-powered by the 14 pin diagnostic port
Compatible Models: Most Nissan's from 1989-2000 including:
*NOTE: Some vehicles up to year 2004 use OBDII (K-Line) for communicating with the ECU, BUT still use the Consult I (14pin) port for diagnostics.
Important Warning about Older Nissan ECU Compatibility Issues:
The Consult Bluetooth has been known to have some connection issues with the older Nissan ECUs from 1990-1994. The error message received is "Ini Failed" warning.
Reported Vehicles: Nissan 240sx, Skyline R32
Possible Solution: Try to unpair the adapter from your Android Bluetooth Settings and then try pairing again directly through the NDSI App.
- OBD Interface: Nissan DDL Consult I 14pin
- OS: Windows Windows 98/ME/2000/Win XP 32 or 64bit /Win 7 32 or 64bit/Win 8/Win 8.1/10 (varies depending on the 3rd party software used)
- Power: 12V from DDL Consult Port
- Bluetooth Password: 1234
- Bluetooth Device SSID: HC-05
- Bluetooth Sleep: 5 minutes after disconnect
- Nissan DataScan I for Windows XP/2000/Vista/7
- Nissan DataScan I (Android App)
- ConsultBT Scan (Android App)
- Torque Pro (Android, still in development, Beta Support)
- Consultan 1.0 for Mac OS X
- ConZult (Windows)
- ECUTALK 1.35, Win XP/7, gauge/logging,trip meter
- ECUTALK 1.34 for PPC, Win mobile 2003 mobile 5
- ScanTechNissan 1.38, Win 2000/XP, ISO 9141, KWP2000, active tests.
NOTE: Some of the available software may need to be registered/purchased
1. Find your car's Consult 14 pin diagnostic port. It's usually located near your interior fuse box and the connector is usually gray.
2. Plug in your Consult Bluetooth and turn on your ignition. The red LED (solid) and a blue LED (flashing) will turn on, indicating the Consult Bluetooth in on and ready to paired via Bluetooth.
3. Pair "HC-05" with your Android device, tablet or Laptop. The password is 1234.
4. Android Apps: Start your app and connect the Consult Bluetooth within the app
Windows: Open the Device Manager to identify which COM port you're using to connect within your Windows software
Note: The Consult Bluetooth only draws power when the ignition is on, so it can be left plugged in when it's not in use
Torque Pro App (Android) Setup: Create a vehicle profile. Scroll to the bottom and change the "Preferred OBD2 Protocol" and change it to "Nissan Consult"