This USB Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, this USB Serial Adapter instantly adds an RS232 serial communication port to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot -plug features.
Plugging the USB Serial Adapter into the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There is no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port does not require any additional IRQ, DMA or memory on the system.
The RS-232 serial port functions as a native Windows COM port, and it is compatible with Windows serial communication applications. This USB Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity to any RS-232 communication device.
- Adds a high speed RS-232 serial port via a USB 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 port
- 384 byte receive buffer
- 128 byte transmit buffer for high speed data throughput
- Requires no IRQ, DMA or I / O port
- Data rate speed range: 300 bps to 921,600 bps
- Serial Connector: DB9 male connector
- RS-232 data signals: DCD, RxD, TxD, DTR, GND, DSR, RTS, CTS, RI
- LEDs which show transmitting and receiving of data
- Uses a genuine FTDI FT232RL chipset
- Cable length is 5 ft (150 cm)
Virtual COM port drivers provided for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, ME, 98, Server 2012, Server 2008, Server 2003, CE.NET (version 4.2 and greater), or RT in 32-bit or 64-bit installations. Also supports Linux, MAC OS X, MAC OS 9, MAC OS 8, for Android.